Four wickets off Shami’s four balls: Australia needed 11 runs in the last over, only 4
Team India defeated Australia by 6 runs in the first warm-up match of the T20 World Cup. In the last over, Australia needed 11 runs to win, but Mohammed Shami took 3 wickets to win India. He also did a runout. He was called from the dugout to bowl an over.
What happened in the last over…
- Shami bowled a low full-toss off the first ball of the 20th over. Cummins took 2 runs on this ball.
- Shami bowled a yorker on the second ball and he also took 2 runs on this ball.
- On the third ball, Shami got Pat Cummins caught by Kohli.
- On the fourth ball, Shami ran out Ashton Agar.
- Shami bowled a yorker off the fifth ball and bowled Josh English.
- Shami bowled the last ball. He also bowled Kane Richardson to give India victory.
In the match, Australia captain Aaron Finch won the toss and decided to bowl first. Team India scored 186 runs losing 6 wickets in 20 overs. KL Rahul scored the most runs for Team India. He scored 57 runs in 33 balls. At the same time, Suryakumar Yadav scored 51 runs in 33 balls. His strike rate was 151.51. Kane Richardson took the most 4 wickets for Australia.
Performance of Australia batsmen
- David Warner was not part of the playing XI in the first warm-up game. Mitchell Marsh came to bat in his place. Marsh scored 35 runs in 18 balls. He scored at a strike rate of 195.
- Steve Smith (11) was run out by Yuzvendra Chahal. Chahal’s ball dodged Smith and hit the stumps.
After losing to Western Australia in the unofficial practice match, Team India landed with its best team in the warm-up match. Mohammed Shami was not playing today’s match, but Rohit Sharma called him to bowl in the last over. In the practice match, you can field a player from a 15-member team.
Performance of Indian batsmen
- KL Rahul performed brilliantly in the first warm-up match. He scored 57 runs in 33 balls. His strike rate was 172.72.
- Rohit Sharma scored 15 runs in 14 balls. He scored at a strike rate of 107.
- The warm-up match was nothing special for Virat Kohli. He scored 19 runs in 13 balls. His strike rate was 146.15.
- Hardik Pandya scored 2 runs in 5 balls. He scored runs at a strike rate of 40.
- Dinesh Karthik scored 20 runs in 14 balls. His strike rate was 142.85.
India and Australia team
India: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli(c), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Shami
Australia: Aaron Finch (c), Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Josh English, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson